Above Ground Pools
These are above ground pools of a slightly different material. Resin Frames are corrosive free and resin top ledges stay cool to the touch on hot summer days. While aluminum above ground pools will stand up to anything you can throw at them!
From Arthur's Pool Encyclopedia:
Problem: Cloudy Water
There are many causes of cloudy water, the most common being incorrect pH, incorrect TA and improper filtration. Always check and adjust the pH and TA levels before adjusting your filtration system. Thereafter follow these steps to investigate your filtration system:
1. Make sure that the filtration system is running smoothly and that it is running at least 8 - 12
continuous hours daily.
2. Does the filter need to be backwashed?
3. If the filter pressure does not return to normal starting pressure after backwashing, the filter needs
to be chemically cleaned.
4. Have the pump strainer baskets and the skimmer baskets been emptied?
5. Also test your water to make sure that the pH and total alkalinity are within the ideal range.
6. Shock the pool with POOLIFE TurboShock or POOLIFE Rapid Shock. Remember to wait until the
chlorine level drops to between 1 and 4 ppm before re-entering the pool.
NOTE – POOLIFE Clarifier, POOLIFE Super Concentrated Clarifier or POOLIFE Clarifying Flocculent can also be used to clear cloudy water